2022 Virtual OCD-UK Conference - Welcome to Hotel OCD-UK, flying the flag for recovery!
The Nature of Obsessions
What will be covered:
- What are obsessions and how are they different from other types of thoughts
- Form and content, with focus on repugnant obsessions
- Normalcy of obsessional thoughts
- Why this obsession not that?
- What mental traps does the OCD set?
- Thought-action fusion
- Undermines trust in one’s judgement, character
- Confuses anxiety with other forms of arousal
- Reframes the meaning of past events and memories as indications the thought could be acted upon or otherwise come true
- Disengaging from repugnant obsessions
If you do find this presentation helpful, please consider making a small donation to help cover our platform costs.
"Hi, I'm Olive and I'm here to help."
The OCD-UK Diversity and Inclusion Charter
Irrespective of disability, gender, country of origin, race, religion or sexual orientation, everybody is welcomed and respected equally when using, attending and contributing to the OCD-UK online conference and support groups.