The national OCD charity, run by and for people with lived experience of OCD
As some of you may know, (but most of you don't) I am diagnosed with OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder), and I was lucky enough to be selected as a Young Ambassador!
I would love to answer any questions or misconceptions you may have, but here are a few facts;
- OCD was classed by WHO as one of the most disabling illnesses through loss of income and poor quality of life.
- Any cleaning/other compulsions such as checking are done in utter misery, not through love of cleaning.
- Only around 26.5% of people with OCD have rituals involving cleaning or handwashing. For many people, actual 'messes' don't bother us, and you can't be "a bit OCD" if you like stuff neat. Only about 1-2% of the population have OCD.
- OCD is not a useful character trait, it is a debilitating anxiety disorder.
- It is different for everyone!
Please complete our short, anonymous feedback form about Lucy's post